- Information that Josephine & Co collects about you
- How does Josephine & Co use your data?
- Legal basis for the processing
- Who will process your data?
- Does Josephine & Co share your data with others?
- How long do we keep your data?
- Social networks
- Protection and management of your personal data
- Your privacy rights
- Changes to this information
- Please contact us
1. DATA THAT JOSEPHINE & CO COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
Josephine & Co asks for certain personal data in order to be able to provide you with the products or services you want. For example, when you place orders, register for our newsletter or create an account.
Information you provide to us
Josephine & Co can collect and process the following data:
- Personal Information - this is the information we use to identify you and ensure you are who you say you are. This includes: name [first name, last name, initials], date of birth, email address, unique customer number, password and social media identifiers.
- Contact Information - We use this information to contact you to ship products to you, provide you with promotional information and updates about Josephine & Co (only if you have consented to this), and answer your questions or concerns. This includes: phone number, shipping and billing address, email address. We process this data for the performance of the agreement between us.
- Purchase Information - this is the information we use to process your order. This includes: your shopping cart, payment information (credit card number), delivery information, shipping and billing address, customer order number, purchase history at Josephine & Co. We process this data for the performance of the agreement between us.
- Correspondence - this is information that we use for quality assurance purposes and to ensure that we comply with your requests or legal requirements. This includes, for example: recordings of your call to our customer service, explanation of your feedback, related callback service, email correspondence with customer service. We have a legitimate interest in processing this data.
- Preference Information - this is information we use to ensure you have the best experience when interacting with each other. This includes: preferred language, wish list items, first delivery address and browser settings. We have a legitimate interest in processing this data.
Please note that we do not collect or store payment information on our servers. We do this through third parties with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement and who have put in place appropriate security measures to protect all data and personal information that is obtained.
Information obtained through your interaction with us
We may collect information when you visit our Website or contact us through the Website.
- Information obtained through social media - this is information that we use to better understand you, to build a better relationship with you as a consumer, to manufacture products according to your needs and to target our marketing towards messages that you find useful and interesting (based on your online behavior), as well as to optimize your social media. This includes any information obtained through social media that is publicly available such as (without limitation): social media buttons, social media interactions and posts, your Likes and other comments, your social media connections, your photos. This information is provided to us through the social media network (such as Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.), directly or indirectly through agencies with which we have entered into agreements. We always ask for your prior consent before processing this type of personal data.
- Location data - this is information we use to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant information based on your geographic location. This includes: your place of residence, your current login location (IP address), GPS data. We always ask for your prior consent before processing this type of personal data.
- Device information - this is information we use to secure our network and improve our services and performance. This includes, for example: IP address, date and time of the visit, how long you stayed on our Website, the referral URL (if you accessed our Website via another website or an advertisement), the pages visited on our Website, your browser type, versions, operating system. We have a legitimate interest in processing this data.
- Behavioral / Profile Data - this is information we use to ensure that we only pass on information that is relevant to you, provides you with the best deals and offers that could be of interest to you, and enhances your experience as a user of the Website to optimize. This includes, for example: your purchase history, your browsing habits, your shopping preferences, interactions while shopping. We always ask for your prior consent before processing this type of personal data.
2. HOW DOES JOSEPHINE & CO USE YOUR DATA?
Your personal data is collected and processed by Josephine & Co for purposes strictly related to the use of the Website, its services and the purchase of products on the Website. We will be clear about when we collect your information, how we use your information, and who we share it with. We can use the data in the following ways:
- To create and manage your account so that you can place orders, which allows us to:
- provide you with our products and services;
- ensure that the items are shipped to you and arrive at you on time;
- be able to contact you about your orders and your account;
- To ensure that content on our Website is presented to you as effectively as possible so that we:
- keep you up to date with our most recent products, news and special offers;
- provide you with the best service by contacting our customer service;
- perform market research and obtain information on how we can improve our product offering;
- improve products and services and develop new products and services;
- may request reviews of products and services;
- can process your order quickly.
- By placing an order, you agree that we will store your personal data for the purpose of processing your order.
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We process your personal data according to the following legal bases:
Execution of agreements
When we process your data for the conclusion of the purchase agreement with you, we ensure that we only use the minimum information necessary for the execution thereof. This legal basis justifies the processing of personal data for the following activities:
- Establishment and implementation of a purchase agreement for the products offered on the Website;
- Registration for the Website and use of services reserved for registered users;
- Delivery of services offered on the Website; and
- Management of your requests by our customer service.
Providing your personal data for these activities is a contractual obligation. You are free to choose whether or not to provide your information, but without the information requested it is not possible to enter into or perform the agreement with you and to fulfill your requests. This means that you cannot buy products or use our services and we cannot process your requests.
We must comply with legal requirements. We may process your data if this is a requirement in connection with taxes, sanctions legislation, claims, attachments, anti-money laundering, prevention of terrorist financing, prevention of fraud and excessive lending.
We have legitimate interests to process your personal data to operate our business and improve your shopping experience and our Website.
We only carry out the following processing operations if you have given us your explicit consent to do so:
- Carrying out marketing activities, such as sending newsletters;
- Analysis of your surfing behavior and consumption patterns within the use of your account to personalize your experience on our Website.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
Your personal data is processed by our internal employees who are trained and authorized to do so.
In addition, your data will also be forwarded to third parties that we engage to provide our services. These so-called data processors have been duly selected and offer a guarantee that the rules on the processing of personal data are respected. Designated data processors are responsible for processing and carrying out their activities in accordance with the instructions given by Josephine & Co.
We may also transfer your personal data to the police and to judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the detection and prosecution of criminal offenses, the prevention and protection of threats to public security, in order to enable us to exercise a right exercise or defend the court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
5. DOES JOSEPHINE & CO SHARE YOUR DATA WITH OTHERS?
In order to conduct our business, we need to work with a number of third parties who are experts in their areas, such as our main service providers. We also share your information when we need to comply with a legal request or when we believe it is necessary to protect Josephine & Co or its customers. For example, if Josephine & Co is the object of an attempted fraudulent or illegal activity. We also share your information with third parties if you have given us your permission to do so.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time, depending on the type of activity involved in the processing of your personal data. We will retain your personal data after you delete your account to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and for fraud monitoring, detection and prevention purposes. We also keep your information to comply with our tax and accounting and financial reporting obligations. If we keep your information, we will do so in accordance with any statute of limitations and information retention obligations imposed by applicable law.
After this period, your data will be permanently deleted or otherwise irreversibly anonymised.
7. SOCIAL NETWORKS
On our Website you will find social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to be active within a social network, your activities on our Website will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you are logged in to one of these social networks during your visit to our Website, this social network may add this information to your profile on this network. We are not responsible for their use of data. Please refer to the privacy statement of each social network for more information.
8. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against loss, alteration, access or incorrect use. This includes in particular the following measures:
Encryption and security
Josephine & Co has implemented various security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data. All payment information you provide will be sent through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your information before it is provided to us to protect it from unauthorized use. In addition to SSL encryption, we use the MasterCard SecureCode which provides an extra level of security when you place an order. This code protects you against incorrect use of your credit card number. All payment information is processed through a portal provider and is not stored or processed on our servers. While we do our best to protect your personal information, security cannot be guaranteed.
Third party links
Our Website may contain links to external websites operated by other companies. These third party links may collect personal information from visitors to their website. Josephine & Co is neither responsible nor liable for the content and activities of these linked websites.
Subscription to e-mail messages
You can subscribe to the Josephine & Co newsletter by providing your email address in the newsletter module at the bottom of each page of the Website. We only send the newsletter to online (or registered) visitors if you have chosen to receive the newsletter. All of our email messages contain an unsubscribe button so that you can unsubscribe from receiving emails in the future at any time. You can also contact us using our contact details to exercise your rights.
If you are under 18, we ask that you notify your parent or guardian and obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before providing your personal information to us.
11. WHAT RIGHTS CAN YOU EXERCISE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Rights with regard to the processing of personal data
You have the right to view and change the personal data we have obtained from you. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. In certain cases, you can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, to delete your data, to transfer it to another controller or to delete it. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can send a request to our customer service via email@example.com, where you indicate that it concerns a request regarding personal data.
Please include a copy of your proof of identity so that we can be sure that you are actually the person who submitted the request. Make sure that you black out your passport photo and your citizen service number. This is to protect your privacy. Also provide your private address. You will receive an overview of your data or an answer to your request within one month of your request.
While we hope this is not necessary, you may have complaints about our use of your personal data; In that case, send an e-mail with a description of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your complaints and respond to any complaints received by us.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out unlawfully, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for compliance with data protection rules. In the Netherlands, complaints can be submitted to the Dutch Data Protection Authority via www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl. If you are dissatisfied with the way the complaint has been handled, you can appeal to the courts.
13. CHANGES TO THIS INFORMATION
14. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our use of your information, how to exercise your rights, or about our policies, please contact us using the details below.
Phone: +31 20 705 5190 (Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm CET)